Steeped in controversy, the elbow rule debate has raged in beer pong circles for as long as the game has existed. Maryland Beer Pong has a rich tradition in the leaning variety of the game, but we're going to give the elbow rule thing a try for at least one night. This Sunday immediately following league night Nobles will be hosting the first ever Elbow Rule Tournament. The cost is only $10.00 early, $15.00 day of per player and ladies are half price. Double buy-ins are possible depending on the number of teams. This tournament will count for points and will be a State Qualifier. The winners will receive an ECBPC bid which includes tournament entry and 2-night hotel stay (minimum of 12 teams required). Here are the rules we will be using for this tournament:
- A players elbow must not cross the plane of the table while shooting.
- Violations will only be enforced by the tournament coordinator (not by opposing players or spectators)
- Penalties are as follows:
- A team's first offense will be a warning and made shots will be re-shot.
- A team's second offense will result in a missed shot.
- Near violations will result in a warning but no penalty.
Please register online on the tournament page. Hope to see you out a Nobles this Sunday!